Public Relations Intern
Are you a smart, creative, organized student or recent graduate? Can you effectively and persuasively write and communicate? Interested in practicing results-oriented creativity? We want to hear from you!
Our internship program offers college juniors and seniors and recent graduates an opportunity to gain on-the-ground experience in the fast-paced world of integrated public relations and marketing.
Interns actively participate in the life of the agency and are involved in writing, media relations, PR valuations and social media – producing real work under the guidance of agency professionals. Your portfolio will grow in quantity and quality during your time here.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and understand how it can be applied to advance our clients’ interests
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage and AP/journalistic style
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can carry out assigned duties on task and on time
- An independent thinker that can contribute and generate new ideas
- Experience in social media and various online tools
Specific job responsibilities:
- Visiting media outlets (print and online) to check for client media hits; reporting findings to account executive
- Writing copy as needed, including blogs, press releases, media advisories, articles and website copy
- Creating social media calendars and updating social media for designated clients, monitoring interactions
- Media relations, including list building, pitching and making follow-up calls
- Assisting with award nominations
- Clipping media hits and logging PR valuations
- Conducting research and analysis as needed for marketing and public relations
A limited number of internships are available per semester. Our fall and spring internships require at least 15 hours/week. Summer internships are full-time for at least two months. We offer a stipend upon completion of a successful internship. We can also work with your school for class credit.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and our interns by reading these blog posts:
For more company information, find us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.