Public Relations Account Manager
Are you an innovative go-getter? Eager to exhibit your strategy skills and leadership abilities? A media hound who is on fire to get great press? Passionate about ensuring that clients are extremely happy? Love being proactive and generating high-quality results? Want to mentor and manage a smart team of PR professionals? Ready to bring curiosity, a smile and positive energy to work every day? Tell us about you! And impress us with your PR chops.
We are looking for a talented, driven, dynamic, experienced individual to join our team as a PR Account Manager.
Qualified candidates will possess strong media relations expertise, a creative mind, a winning personality, an awesome work ethic and a demonstrated ability to make innovative and effective use of multiple communications tools and methods.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and see ways to use it to advance our clients’ interests and grow our agency.
- A self-starter who sees what needs to be done and does it without prompting.
- A persuasive personality, i.e., the ability to connect with people, particularly journalists, and convince them to take some action, such as publishing a news story.
- An organized person who can carry out assigned duties with a minimum of supervision and who can manage teams.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage – and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- A thorough grasp of – and experience in – public relations, digital media and marketing techniques.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Provide high-quality professional and strategic counsel, service and constructive input to clients and team members.
- Oversee team members in their day-to-day client activities, guiding public relations activities and implementation, tracking promises to clients, ensuring correct and timely work, providing counsel and generating results.
- Handle direct day-to-day activities for clients, including research, planning, implementation and evaluation of public relations activities, paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and results.
- Craft, pitch and secure news stories – executing PR strategies successfully and generating measurable results.
- Write and edit marketing content effectively (press releases, brochures, ads, newsletters, blogs, emails, social media, presentations, proposals, etc.).
- Mentor other team members and assist with their growth and development.
- Maintain close and frequent contact with clients, and strengthen rapport between the company and the client.
- Prepare effective, comprehensive, well-written and well-organized public relations plans, with detailed time and dollar budgets that are responsive to client needs and internal resources. Ensures efficient execution of plans.
- Improve existing methods and create new processes to address changing work demands to enhance project effectiveness.
- Think creatively and bring new ideas to the table.
- Seek new business opportunities.
- Maintain orderly files.
- At least 6 years solid experience working in a PR role, with at least 4 within an agency handling multiple accounts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- A proven ability to execute client campaigns and deliver results.
- A proactive self-starter with excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- A creative mind.
- An ability to multi-task a number of different account requirements and deliver results under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A relentless drive to be better, do more, reach higher.
- The ability to pivot and make quick, sound decisions as projects, resources and scopes change.
- A willingness to learn and adapt.
- The drive to find and test what’s new and what’s next, to stay informed on emerging technologies and question existing methods, to understand that the tools and procedures we use to communicate and market are constantly evolving.
- Responsiveness, confidence and intrinsic motivation.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- 5 Traits of a Bradford Group PR Pro
- Why we want you to come work with us
- Why we include the “it” factor in hiring
Learn more about our company culture here:
- 30 Ways to Create a Great Company Culture
- Succeeding Requires More Than Skill Sets
- Corporate Culture and Office Space
- the Bradford Group Company Culture
Interested in applying? Send us your info! Include a cover letter, resume, 2-3 writing samples and 2-3 pitching examples. And if you’re looking for a different level, let us know that too!
Also, check out our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, we hope you Like us!