Public Relations Account Coordinator
Are you a smart, hungry PR rockstar-in-the-making? Want to work with a variety of industries and marketing tactics? Do you have the passion to craft thoughtful, strategic content? Are you driven to learn new things?
The entry-level position allows you to use what you’ve learned in PR classes and internships and continue building on your skills. Our Account Coordinators support our team on a variety of accounts, working with clients in various industries including technology, data science, healthcare, legal, finance and commercial real estate. They are involved in writing, pitching and social media – while helping with administrative tasks, such as researching media lists, speaking engagement opportunities, reception duties, etc.
In general, this position requires:
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can handle multiple deadlines and projects and needs a minimal amount of supervision
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage – and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- An analytically inclined person who has a knack for understanding data and how to apply it to solve problems.
- A self-starter who sees what needs to be done and does it without prompting.
- A fast learner with a persuasive personality.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Work with project-based and/or retainer clients under guidance of a supervisor.
- Handle day-to-day administrative activities as needed.
- Gather and analyze background information.
- Monitor client coverage and clip media placements.
- Write PR and marketing content (press releases, blog posts, brochures, ads, newsletters, emails, etc.) under the direction of a supervisor.
- Pitch and follow up with news media as required, under the direction of a supervisor.
- Post comments to social media sites on behalf of clients, under the direction of a supervisor.
- Analyze marketing data, statistics and trends.
- Set up speaking engagements and follow through to assure that the speaker has what he or she needs and knows the details of the engagement.
- Answer phones and receive visitors as needed.
- Assist with office events and office management.
- Proofread copy.
- Maintain orderly files.
- At least one internship or position in public relations or media.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task a number of different account requirements and deliver results under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, natural tendency to prioritize and create timelines/deadlines for work.
- Desire to collaborate as part of a team.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Mastery of MS Office and social media. Coding and scripting knowledge would be a plus, as would proficiency in design and layout programs — InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with CisionPoint or other PR platforms highly desirable.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
- 5 Traits of a Bradford Group PR Pro
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- Calling All Hyper-Organized, PR-Loving Job Seekers
- Why we want you to come work with us
- Why we include the “it” factor in hiring
- Why the Bradford Group loves Millennials
- Why We Hire Smart PR and Marketing Pros
Learn more about our company culture here:
- 30 Ways to Create a Great Company Culture
- Succeeding Requires More Than Skill Sets
- Corporate Culture and Office Space
- the Bradford Group Company Culture
Interested in applying? Send us your info!
Already have a year or so of PR agency or media experience? Check out our Account Associate position.
Also, check out our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, Like us!