Public Relations B2B Copywriter (Part-Time)
Accepting applications now.
The Bradford Group is looking for a whip-smart copywriter with experience in B2B communications.
Do you love writing public relations and marketing copy? Enjoy waxing eloquent about technology, commercial real estate, finance and other industries? Get a kick out of finding the news angle in a story? Have experience writing different kinds of long-form content like articles, blogs and case studies? Yearn to make technical stuff easy to understand? Are you driven, proactive and personable? Want to work in an awesome company?
We’re looking for a part-time staff copywriter. Qualified candidates will possess excellent writing skills, a creative mind, journalism experience, a winning personality, a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to persuade via communication tactics.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can use what he/she learns to convincingly and articulately to advance our clients’ interests and grow our agency.
- A creative and enthusiastic writer who can generate attention-grabbing and informative content on deadline.
- A self-starter who sees what needs to be done and does it without prompting.
- A background in and aptitude for business-to-business (B2B) and technical writing.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage — and the ability to write, speak and think clearly, concisely and persuasively.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Write content, content, content. That is the job after all. It will include writing clever, compelling and polished copy for bylined articles and op eds, press releases, websites, brochures, white papers, case studies, blogs, social media posts and other items as needed.
- Incorporate keywords and develop SEO-friendly copy and clickbait headlines.
- Ensure tone of voice is on point for client and target audience and brand continuity is maintained.
- Research. It helps with the content, natch.
- Revise, edit and proofread content as needed.
- Develop new concepts for news stories.
- Work with account teams to determine client needs and coordinate projects. Receive and follow-through on direction and assignments.
- Multi-task a number of projects and deliver results under pressure.
- Maintain list of tasks and organized files.
- Work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years copywriting experience.
- Journalism or B2B public relations background preferred.
- Link to portfolio or online samples.
- Deep knowledge of English grammar and AP style.
- Strong analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills a plus.
- Positive, self-motivated, methodical, accurate, detail-oriented.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- Why we include the “it” factor in hiring
- Why We Hire Smart PR and Marketing Pros
Learn more about our company culture here:
- Succeeding Requires More Than Skill Sets
- Corporate Culture and Office Space
- the Bradford Group Company Culture
Interested in applying? Send us a detailed cover letter, resume and portfolio!
Also, check out our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, we hope you Like us!