Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Part-Time)
Accepting applications now.
The Bradford Group, a Nashville-based public relations and marketing firm, is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, smart and generally awesome individual to join our team as Bookkeeper/ Office Manager.
Are you a Quickbooks guru? Enthusiastic about organization? Do you love maintaining a great office environment? Eager to ensure bookkeeping is up-to-date and reconciled? Do people praise you for your exceptional attention to detail? Enjoy working on a diverse set of tasks? We want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a part-time bookkeeper/office manager. Qualified candidates will possess strong accounting experience, written and verbal skills and attention to detail, as well as a winning personality, a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to multi-task. We anticipate that the position will require 20-25 hours per week, and we are flexible with scheduling.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and use it to advance our clients’ interests and grow our agency
- A motivated self-starter who sees what needs to be done and does it without prompting.
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can manage finances, carry out assigned duties with minimal supervision and keep excellent records and files.
- A personable, responsive, diplomatic person with good judgment and discretion.
- An extremely competent person who can flexibly pivot to new projects as needed.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable – generate/send invoices, receive/record deposits, verify/process vendor invoices, write checks, etc.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements.
- Prepare financial reports monthly and as needed.
- Handle quarterly taxes for sales & use, payroll, etc.
- Manage and order office supplies.
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments for senior leadership.
- Coordinate office lunches, excursions and travel.
- Serve as front line for visitors and phone calls; interact with clients and vendors.
- Maintain professional working environment, including overseeing maintenance of public areas, IT equipment, etc.
- Prepare production estimates for graphic projects.
- Assist with hiring procedures.
- Work with freelancer designers and copywriters as needed.
- Maintain organized files.
- Reception duties.
- Other duties as assigned, some of which may include assistance with public relations and marketing.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in bookkeeping.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and MS Office.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, time management and organization skills.
- Payroll experience a plus.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
Learn more about our company culture here:
- 30 Ways to Create a Great Company Culture
- Succeeding Requires More Than Skill Sets
- Corporate Culture and Office Space
- the Bradford Group Company Culture
Interested in applying? Send us a detailed cover letter and resume!
Also, check out our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, we hope you Like us!