If you haven’t noticed, we’ve added a lot of new folks to our team recently. We’re excited to welcome our newest Account Associate, Alex Newby, to the Bradford Group.
Originally from Versailles, Ky., Alex graduated from the University of Kentucky with a bachelor’s in integrated strategic communications. Prior to joining the Bradford Group, she served as communications assistant at the Kentucky Arts Council. She also held marketing internships at Walt Disney, University of Kentucky and United Way of the Bluegrass.
We sat down with Alex and asked her some of her favorite things about Nashville, PR and life in general.
- Why are you excited to live in Nashville? I’m so excited to see all the concerts and live shows.
- Favorite Nashville restaurant: The Pharmacy
- Favorite quote: “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Favorite TV shows: Revenge and The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- Favorite movies: Bridesmaids and About Time
- Favorite book: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
- Favorite food: I’m a sucker for anything sold from a food truck, especially if it’s Mexican food.
- Favorite drink: Diet Coke
- Favorite band: The Avett Brothers
- Favorite color: UK Blue
- Hobbies and interests: Going to concerts, exploring Nashville, finding great breweries and attempting to become a runner.
- #1 most played song on your iPod: “Down in the Valley,” The Head and the Heart
- Three things you can’t live without on an island: My cell phone/a charger, a friend for company and a great book
- Fun fact: While studying in Cape Town, South Africa, I went shark cage diving with great white sharks! It was terrifying and exhilarating, and I made sure not to tell my parents until I was safely back on shore.
From drafting press releases to helping with event planning, Alex has hit the ground running during her first week here. As account associate, she’ll work on a spread of accounts, like Iroquois Steeplechase, Kenn Gray Home, Bernard Health, the Boston chapter of Entrepreneurs’ Organization and Petra.
Learn more about the Bradford Group team here and while you’re at it, introduce yourself. What’s your company? What do you do? Let us get to know you. And as part of that, we’ll compile a custom list of 50 Twitter accounts for your company to follow and engage with. Just click here (or below) and say hello.