The Bradford Group is looking for a talented, experienced, driven, dynamic individual to join our team as a PR Account Manager.
Are you an innovative go-getter? Excited about public relations and great content? Passionate about ensuring that clients are extremely happy? On fire to get great press? Eager to exhibit your strategy skills and leadership abilities? Jazzed to show off your creativity and tech savvy? Love being proactive and generating high-quality results? Ready to bring curiosity, a smile and positive energy to work every day? Tell us about you! And impress us with your writing, pitching, social media and digital skills.
Qualified candidates will possess excellent writing skills, a creative mind, media relations expertise, a winning personality, a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to make innovative and effective use of all communications tools – plus the ability to manage a team of PR professionals.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and see ways to use it to advance our clients’ interests and grow our agency.
- A self-starter who sees what needs to be done and does it without prompting.
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can carry out assigned duties with a minimum of supervision and who keeps excellent records and files.
- A persuasive personality, i.e., the ability to connect with people, particularly journalists, and convince them to take some action, such as publishing a news story.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage – and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- A thorough grasp of – and experience in – public relations, digital media and marketing techniques.
Required: A relentless drive to be better, do more, reach higher.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Provide high-quality professional and strategic advice, service and constructive input to clients and employees.
- Oversee Account Executives in their day-to-day client activities, guiding public relations activities and implementation, tracking promises to clients, ensuring correct and timely work, providing counsel and generating results.
- Handle direct day-to-day activities for clients, including research, planning, implementation and evaluation of public relations activities, paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and results.
- Write and edit marketing content effectively (press releases, brochures, ads, newsletters, blogs, emails, social media, presentations, etc.).
- Develop and pitch news stories to local, national and trade media.
- Maintain close and frequent contact with clients, and strengthen rapport between the company and the client.
- Prepare effective, comprehensive, well-written and well-organized public relations plans, with detailed time and dollar budgets that are responsive to client needs and internal resources. Ensures efficient execution of plans.
- Improve existing methods and create new processes to address changing work demands to enhance project effectiveness.
- Think creatively and bring new ideas to the table.
- Seek new business opportunities.
- Maintain orderly files.
- At least 6 years solid experience working in a PR role, with at least 4 within an agency handling multiple accounts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- A proven ability to execute client campaigns and deliver results.
- A proactive self-starter with excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- A creative mind .
- An ability to multi-task a number of different account requirements and deliver results under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A relentless drive to be better, do more, reach higher.
- The ability to pivot and make quick, sound decisions as projects, resources and scopes change.
- A willingness to learn and adapt.
- The drive to find and test what’s new and what’s next, to stay informed on emerging technologies and question existing methods, to understand that the tools and procedures we use to communicate and market are constantly evolving.
- Responsiveness, confidence and intrinsic motivation.