The Bradford Group is looking for a smart, hungry PR rockstar-in-the-making who has passion and experience in crafting content for use in marketing and public relations. The ideal person will have a thirst for knowledge, a willingness to try new things and the ability to convey specific messaging via written and verbal communications.
Account Associate is the Bradford Group’s entry-level position. This person will support Account Executives and Account Managers on designated accounts, combining regular account executive tasks, such as writing and pitching press releases, with administrative tasks, such as researching media lists, speaking engagement opportunities, reception duties, etc.
In general, this position requires:
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can manage projects with many moving parts, keeps excellent records and files and needs a minimal amount of supervision.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage – and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- An analytically inclined person who has a knack for understanding data and how to apply it to solve problems.
- A fast learner with a persuasive personality.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day administrative activities for account executives.
- Gather and analyze background information.
- Manage event logistics.
- Write PR and marketing content (press releases, blog posts, brochures, ads, newsletters, emails, etc.) under the direction of an account executive.
- Follow up with news media as required, under the direction of an account executive.
- Post comments to social media sites on behalf of clients, under the direction of an account executive.
- Analyze marketing data, statistics and trends.
- Set up speaking engagements and follow through to assure that the speaker has what he or she needs and knows the details of the engagement.
- Be computer literate, with mastery of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in design and layout programs – such as InDesign or Photoshop – a plus.
- Answer phones and receive visitors as needed.
- Proofread copy.
- Maintain orderly files.
- At least one internship or position in public relations or media.
Interested? We’re hiring now, so let us know how awesome you are!