If you haven’t already heard through our numerous social media posts and blogs (yes, we really are that excited), fun things are happening at the Bradford Group. See here, here and here. We’re growing at such a tremendous rate that we recently added Susan Upton to the team as account associate.
Susan is new to Nashville. Over the last five years, she has hopped her way along the East Coast, moving from her hometown Lithia, Fl. to Wake Forest, N.C. for college, where she studied communications with minors in entrepreneurship and journalism. After graduation, Susan moved up the coast to Washington, D.C., where she served as a marketing associate and coordinator at The Advisory Board Company. Lucky for us, Susan left the D.C. in June and headed to Nashville.
In less than a week, Susan has already shown what an asset she’ll be to our team. I asked Susan a few questions earlier in the week. Take a minute to get to know her. We know you’ll like her as much as we do.
Susan “Suse” Upton
- Why PR? I am excited to work in the public relations industry because it’s creative, collaborative, conversational and client–focused.
- Why Nashville? I was ready to come home to the South, and Nashville seemed like the perfect place to plant my roots.
- Why the Bradford Group? This firm is a powerhouse. Each Bradford Groupie is service-oriented, passionate and excited to be doing what they are doing. I am eager to learn the PR ropes from this great team.
- Fill in the blank: I’m excited to be a Groupie because of my wonderful new coworkers.
- What you’re looking forward to at the Bradford Group: Handling a wide-variety of projects and honing my writing and editing chops.
- Hobbies: Anything outdoors, and anything involving good friends and good food. My most recent hobby involves all three: open invitation pancake breakfast on our porch at my house every Saturday morning.I also love to run and am currently training for a half marathon. (I am saying that so it will be put in writing and I can’t back out.)
- Interests: I like outdoor actives, listening to music, watching NCAA football and exploring Nashville (I’m a newbie).
- Favorite TV show: Saturday Night Live will always take the cake, especially when Justin Timberlake is involved. The Bachelor is another favorite, but it’s more like a lifestyle than a TV show. I get emotionally invested every single season and it’s exhausting!
- Favorite movie: Any good chick flick or anything written by a member of Saturday Night Live.
- Favorite color: Blue and purple…but for some reason I am really starting to like yellow.
- Fun fact: I received a shout-out on SportsCenter while I was an intern in the ESPN London office. I got a round of applause from my office, a free doughnut and hopefully, a bit of respect.
- Something most people don’t know about you: I never had a pet growing up so I have an unhealthy obsession with puppies.
- What do you like to do in your free time: When time and budget allow, I love to travel and/or fulfill my shopping addiction.
- Favorite neighborhood in Nashville: 12South
- Favorite spot to eat: My favorites are Tin Angel, Burger Up and Taqueria Del Sol