Just as the leaves are turning colors on the trees, times are a changin’ at the Bradford Group. And, we could not be more excited. We recently hired Damon Maida from New York as our new Account Director. As we gear up for a year of growth, we realized we needed the know-how of an experienced big-agency PR professional to guide us in the right direction. After searching high and low, we found him in the big apple.
After graduating, Damon pursued acting and singing in New York, only to back his way into the public relations industry. And lucky for us, now he is bringing 15 years of skills and knowledge to our shop in Nashville. We are loving getting to know him better and we want you to do the same, so without further ado, meet Damon!
What are you most looking forward to here, both personally and professionally?
- Professionally: The size of the group. Coming from a larger agency, I am excited to really take the time to get to know everyone. I believe I will be able to focus more on assisting my colleagues in multiple capacities, including lending a helping hand on more accounts.
- Personally: I am looking forward to enjoying a new city with my wife and son (10 months). I am excited there is more sky for my little boy to see, unlike New York City’s concrete jungle, and more room to run around. I am also looking forward to sharing the music scene with my son as he gets older.
- So far, Rosepepper
What was the appeal of music city?
- I had visited the city several times over the last eight years for different music festivals, including Tin Pan South, Country Music Awards, and CMA Music Fest and I loved it. Plus, Nashville still gives you a city feel, but on a smaller scale.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- I love to play music and write singer songwriter material. I participated in an acapella group in New York. When I’m not doing that, I love to hang out with my family and friends and maybe even go out to eat at one of the many great restaurants in Nashville.
- Bates College in Maine
- University of Florida
What took you to New York?
- I was acting and doing music, while temping with a PR firm. That eventually turned into a full-time job where I remained until I moved to Nashville.
- Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Con
Favorite TV show:
- Friday Night Lights
Favorite type of food:
- Mexican or Italian
Three Fun Facts:
- I have done a lot of cartoon voices for children’s video games.
- One time, my group opened for Wayne Brady.
- If I never saw snow again, I would be happy!
Hot dogs or hamburgers?
- Hot dogs
Beer, liquor or wine?
Coke or pepsi?
If you could time travel, where would you go? Past? Future? Why?
- Into the future 100 years. I would want to see what it was like, see if there was space travel.
Be able to read minds or fly?
Have a guaranteed $100,000 or a 50/50 shot at $1 million?
Spend money on clothes or nice gadgets?
An evening out or an evening in?
- Evening In
Watch TV or read a book?
Swim in a pool or in the ocean?
- The ocean
Where do you want to travel most, but have never been?
- When I lived in New York, I took two years off to solely focus on singing and acting, doing freelance work. It was very challenging, but I learned a lot of lessons during those two years.
- My friendships. I believe the relationships I have cultivated over the years is my biggest success.
If money were no object, what would your perfect day look like?
- Sitting on the beach with close friends and family with the sun shining and a Pacifico beer in my hand.
Welcome Damon! If you have a question for him or just want to say hi, feel free leave it in the comment section below!