Generating leads is one of the common reasons businesses hire a marketing and public relations firm. Businesses need a way to bring high quality prospects to their sales team. Marketing is a proven way to do so. Here are five ways a marketing/PR firm can generate leads for your business.
- Blog: Your website is a great way to both bring in new leads and educate existing leads. Adding a blog to your site – and regularly posting to it – is one way to increase your web leads. It’s also a great opportunity to share important industry knowledge and address any common questions you get from potential customers. Your sales team can use the blog posts as they close leads.
- Social media: A consistent social media presence is another way to drive traffic to your website. Depending on your industry, some social media sites may have more bang for the buck than others. Find out which sites your potential customers use, and post regularly. Use valuable content instead of just sales pitches to position yourself as a thought leader. If you’re a restaurant, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are probably the best outlets. For business-to-business companies, LinkedIn may be better.
- Publicity: Media coverage of your business is a great way to create new leads. A publicity firm knows exactly how to secure a media hit for you – and how to target outlets that your potential customers read. Clips of your business in the news are also a nice addition to your website to validate your business.
- Speaking opportunities: Speaking opportunities are a great way to position yourself as a thought leader and to get in front of an audience of potential customers. Your marketing firm can help find the right audiences for you to speak to, and help you develop a speech that both teaches the audience something about your industry and gets your company’s message across to a room of potential customers. Networking after you speak is another chance to meet new leads.
- Inbound marketing: Inbound marketing is a great way to generate leads, move them through the sales funnel and track your progress. By creating and uploading call-to-action buttons on your website, you can collect information from potential customers via a form on your landing page while giving them valuable insight that they need to make a decision on your services. Good offers include eBooks, white papers, case studies and free trials.
For more information on generating leads, download our free eBook here.