It’s that time of the year. I love celebrating the New Year, reflecting on the year prior and thinking about the year ahead. This year is going to be a monumental one for us at the Bradford Group, and I’m excited to kick it off with an awesome team that thinks big. Below find my professional/personal New Year’s resolutions as I continue on my journey as a Bradford Groupie.
- Connect: We do a pretty awesome job here of meeting a few times a week to brainstorm and collaborate with each other. This year, I aspire to take more time outside of work to network with others in the industry. This benefits my professional growth and also gives me the opportunities to talk about what we do here at the Bradford Group and meet other professionals that are potential Groupie material.
- Write: I always strive to be a better writer. It’s a critical skill in many different aspects of our work in the PR industry whether we are crafting the perfect pitch, drafting a compelling byline or compiling a research report (and providing a solid recommendation). I know that my writing skills have already improved since joining Bradford (thanks to the many stellar wordsmiths we have here!), but I want to develop them even further in 2015. Here’s to exploring my writing boundaries in the new year.
- Listen. In 2015, I’d like to attend seminars and workshops where I have the opportunity to learn from others who inspire me (cue TEDxNashville this March!). It’s important to take time to listen to and digest others’ successes, and ultimately be able to apply all that knowledge and insight to your own life.
- Design: I’ve been interested in graphic design for a long time. I have worked with designers on many client projects in the past, such as infographic creation or website work. I have enjoyed being the liaison between the graphic designer and client, but I’d love to learn more about what happens behind the scenes. I want to experiment with the different programs that designers use to make projects come to life.
- Explore: I still consider myself new to Nashville and have so many places and local attractions that I want explore. Nashville’s top-notch foodie scene continues to grow and I am still trying to catch up. Here are a few Nashville musts for 2015 that are on my list:
- Hot Chicken: This is on here for obvious reasons – I want a memorable hot chicken sandwich that is so hot that it is slightly painful (apparently that’s how it’s supposed to be done).
- Local Music: We are lucky to live in Music City where many talented bands and artists make a point to stop here on tours, but I want to learn more about our local music scene and support up-and-comers.
- Foot Traffic: I enjoy driving, but I also love walking and biking. I think that I look at things differently when I’m on my feet. I want to spend more time outdoors in different Nashville neighborhoods and really be able to take in their charm.
I always have things I want to get better at and approve upon, but these five are at the top of my list for the year ahead – and I can’t wait to start! What are your resolutions for the new year?